When you visit us at New Hyde Park Baptist Church, you can expect to find a congregation in love with each other, passionate for Christ, committed to learning and being shaped by God’s Word, and delighting in the gospel of God’s sovereign grace. We want our big thoughts of God not only to anchor and undergird us in times of disappointment and suffering, but we want these great truths to so to inform our fellowship and service that we are marked as people who truly know God.
And so you should expect to find the fellowship at NHPBC unusually rich. You should expect to find us loving to sing praise to our great Redeemer, eagerly giving our offerings and ourselves to him, and expectantly listening to God’s Word as it is opened for us.
If you would like more particulars, perhaps here are some that may be helpful:
- Our services are not formal and stayed, but neither are they trite and mundane.
- The songs we sing are both traditional and contemporary but always substantive, meaningful, and singable.
- The preaching is always from the Bible (“expository”), theologically informed, and personally applied.
- The preaching always seeks to edify even the most advanced Christians among us while at the same time addressing even the newest and least acquainted with scripture or the Christian faith — simple, but not shallow.
- The individual “fellowship times” and “catching up” times with friends before and after the services are consistently joyful and encouraging.
- Bible classes and ministries for all ages.
- We are decidedly family supportive, and we are committed to grounding our children in the great truths of Scripture to prepare them for life and eternity.
- Our Sunday Morning service is marked primarily by singing and hearing God’s Word.
- Our Sunday Evening service is marked by singing, testimonies, sharing of concerns, prayer, and hearing God’s Word.
- Our congregation is ethnically diverse — and we like that!
- Dress / Attire? We don’t make much of that here — you’ll find us in all styles, formal, informal, and casual.
Sunday Service Schedule:
Sunday School (for all ages): 9:15 a.m.
Worship Service: 10:30 a.m.
Evening Service: 6:00 p.m.
Summer Hours: Morning Worship: 9:30 a.m. No Sunday School. Contact email@example.com or check calendar for Summer dates.
Prayer Service: 7:00 p.m.
Worship ~ Fellowship ~ Discipleship ~ Outreach ~ Service